Our school vision of COURAGE
(written by pupils, staff and governors and updated September 2020)
By the time our children leave us, we want them to show or have experienced the following attributes:
Our school vision and ethos
- Our school will be a happy, welcoming and inclusive place, where everyone is treated equally and expectations are high.
- We will provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment in which every individual is cared for spiritually, morally, intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
- We will combine high standards with a broad, balanced and rich curriculum which encourages creativity and inspires a commitment to lifelong learning.
- We will focus our teaching and learning on the needs, abilities and enthusiasms of individual pupils, providing a tailored approach to supporting pupils with additional needs and giving extra support to those pupils that need it most.
- We will work in partnership with parents and stakeholders to place our school at the heart of the community it serves.
- We will build on our strengths and drive our own improvement, setting ambitious targets and recognising that, for the sake of our pupils, we can always do better.
Our Trust’s vision
The values and ethos that DDAT is built upon are Christian in nature and represent values and principles that are important to people of all faiths and no faith. There is a focus on individuality, collaboration and unity; there is a real sense of belonging within DDAT. This is well-balanced with a sense of autonomy and empowerment enabling schools to flourish as separate and unique entities.
Derby Diocesan Academy Trust (DDAT) was formed in response to the national Academy and Free School Programme and provides a Diocesan home to schools (Church or non-Church) either choosing or requiring an academy solution. DDAT strives to help ensure the sustainability of highly valued church schools, even in the unfortunate circumstances that a school is required to move away from being maintained by the local authority in order to secure rapid school improvement. DDAT is increasingly assisting non-faith-based schools as they plan to sustain improvements by joining the growing number of schools within the DDAT family.
Our school prayer
This is our school.
Let peace dwell here. Let the rooms be full of contentment, let love abide here.
The love of one another, the love of God and the love of life itself.
Let us remember that as many hands build a house; so many hearts make a school.