‘Achieving our best together’
We believe that St. George’s C.E. Primary School exists to provide life’s main opportunities for our children. These opportunities come from an ethos and curriculum that provide maximum learning opportunities for each individual child, no matter what their particular learning may be.
We will aspire to a curriculum which results in the enjoyment of learning, children who feel good about themselves and in which everyone can be good at something.
We will encourage pupils to show tolerance and respect for each other, set themselves high standards, to take pride in their work and do their best.
We will provide curriculum enrichment activities including first hand experiences, creative opportunities and visits.
We will offer every child the chance to achieve as much as they are able.
We will achieve high standards for all children, giving them foundations for future learning and success in life.
- Our school will be a happy, welcoming and inclusive place, where everyone is treated equally and expectations are high.
- We will provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment in which every individual is cared for spiritually, morally, intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
- We will combine high standards with a broad, balanced and rich curriculum which encourages creativity and inspires a commitment to lifelong learning.
- We will focus our teaching and learning on the needs, abilities and enthusiasms of individual pupils, providing a tailored approach to supporting pupils with additional needs and giving extra support to those pupils that need it most.
- We will work in partnership with parents and stakeholders to place our school at the heart of the community it serves.
- We will build on our strengths and drive our own improvement, setting ambitious targets and recognising that, for the sake of our pupils, we can always do better.