Welcome to St. George’s C. of E. Primary School
St. George’s Primary School is an outstanding Church school at the very heart of our community. We are based in the beautiful Peak District, with impressive views across to Kinder Scout from the back of our school. The school is closely linked to St George’s Church, which dates from 1831 and is a handsome Gothic structure in the style of Edward III.
St George’s Primary School is an academy and we are proud to be part of the Derby Diocese Academy Trust (DDAT) – see ddat.org.uk for more information. As a Church of England Day School for boys and girls from three up to the age of eleven years, the Diocese of Derby appoints four members of our Governing body.
We offer an exciting, challenging curriculum which has been redesigned to meet the needs of our pupils and to prepare them for life. We commit ourselves to finding ways for each and every one to experience success within a Christian setting. The school has close links with St. George’s Parish Church and the wider community. We also have a thriving P. T. A. and new members are always welcome.
There are currently 128 children on roll.
Have a look around our website and please contact the school if you would like to visit us – every day is an open day at St.George’s. We look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Our school vision of COURAGE
(written by pupils, staff and governors and updated September 2019)
By the time our children leave us, we want them to show or have experienced the following attributes:
Our school vision and ethos
- Our school will be a happy, welcoming and inclusive place, where everyone is treated equally and expectations are high.
- We will provide a safe, caring and stimulating environment in which every individual is cared for spiritually, morally, intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally.
- We will combine high standards with a broad, balanced and rich curriculum which encourages creativity and inspires a commitment to lifelong learning.
- We will focus our teaching and learning on the needs, abilities and enthusiasms of individual pupils, providing a tailored approach to supporting pupils with additional needs and giving extra support to those pupils that need it most.
- We will work in partnership with parents and stakeholders to place our school at the heart of the community it serves.
- We will build on our strengths and drive our own improvement, setting ambitious targets and recognising that, for the sake of our pupils, we can always do better.